Thursday, September 25, 2008

Akron Zoo





Brian took the day off from work and we took Zachary on his first trip to the zoo. We were surprised at how nice the Akron Zoo was. It is just the right size for small children who can't sit still in a stroller for long periods of time. They don't have many of the larger animals you normally see at the zoo, like a giraffe or a zebra or an elephant. Thankfully Zachary is too little to know the difference. He enjoyed the penguins, fish, ducks, otters, bears and birds. They also have a nice play area inside and outside for kids to run and play. I think he preferred the play area to watching the animals!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I agree, the Akron Zoo if perfect for toddlers! You can see the whole Zoo and have lunch but then still make it home for naps. We took our kids to the cleveland zoo for the first time this year. We still were not able to see everything in a day-long trip!

Stoltzfus Family said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm sure Zachary loved it.