Thursday, October 2, 2008

Going to the Dentist

I really do not enjoy going to the Dentist. Of all the Dr.'s I have seen, (and there really are quite a few) the Dentist ranks up there as the worst. There's this distinct odor that puts your teeth on edge the minute you walk in the door. Then there's the dreaded anticipation of knowing your mouth is going to hurt and you will be slurping soup for the rest of the day.

I had been having headaches and was pretty sure it was coming from my teeth so I made the dreaded appointment. I worried so much that I had convinced myself most of my teeth were rotten. I was going to have cavities filled and root canals done and my poor checkbook was never going to recover from the damages.

I had the appointment today. The Dr. couldn't do ex-rays because of my pregnancy but he looked and poked at my teeth for 15 minutes. Then he said he couldn't find anything wrong! No cavities. No root canals. My teeth were so clean they didn't even do a cleaning. His suggestion was that I have been clenching and grinding my teeth during my sleep.

I worried for nothing.

Now I have to worry about what else the headaches could be from!

No comments: