First of all I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped with babysitting Zachary this week. It's awesome having a family that's willing to help out!
Monday and Tuesday were fairly normal days.
Wednesday Brian had an MRI at 9:15am then I had an ultrasound at 2:00pm, both of which were at Aultman hospital. Brian has an MRI once every few years just to make sure his heart is functioning properly and there are no new aneurysms. He asked if he could have a Valium before going in and they told him no. Then he asked if he could have headphones with music and they told him no again. He was a bit nervous. About 6 years ago he had an MRI where the machine wasn't working properly and he ended up inside it for almost 3hrs. For those of you who have never had an MRI, you are squeezed inside a tube with only your feet sticking out. The tube is a tight fit for anyone larger than a peanut and if you are the least bit claustrophobic you are in big trouble. Anyway, it turns out they had some breathing exercises they wanted him to do while he was in there and he was so busy breathing deeply and holding his breath, he didn't have time to think about being squeezed like sausage into a machine. He was in for an hr and the nurse warned me he would feel like he ran a marathon from all the breathing exercises. Once Brian got out of there, he got some coffee and we headed to Walmart to do some shopping and to lunch, then on to my appt. The ultrasound went well. The baby was very active and all body parts were accounted for and working the way they should. That is always a fear of mine, that the baby's liver or heart or something won't develop like it's supposed to. Brian did fall asleep during the ultrasound! And no, we are not finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl. Sorry to disappoint some of you!
Thursday I had my regular OB appt. Everything went well there except the lady that did my blood work stuck the needle in wrong and my arm felt like it was on fire for an hr.
On Friday Brian and I went with Stan and Susie to see All Shook Up at the Carousel Dinner Theater. It was a musical comedy with Elvis songs. We had a wonderful time! Thank you Stan and Susie for inviting us.
Saturday Zachary had his flu shot. While we were in the lobby waiting another kid knocked him down. For some reason the other kid started crying, Zachary just laid there and stared at him. As soon as we went back to the room and Zachary saw the nurse he started fake crying. He knew what was coming. Both the nurse and I had to hold him down, he is soo strong. When it was done he wanted the nurse to hold him. I guess there were no hard feelings! After the flu shot we ran over to Baby's R Us to get a baby gift. When I went to leave I couldn't find Zachary's hat. We made a couple of laps around the store and finally found it. I always seem to loose things at that store. Last time we lost his sippy cup and eventually found it under a clothes rack.
This next week will be another busy week with Thanksgiving and Marshall and Callie's birthday party.
I think this is the longest post I have ever written.
Florida Vacation
8 years ago

1 comment:
Ah, kids, hubbies and pregancy! Real life drama,What a wonderful Life, right?!
Post a Comment