Monday, November 17, 2008

Mini vacation

Brian, Zachary and I spent several days in Columbia, Maryland visiting my sister Rachel and her family. It took us about 6hrs to get there. Zachary didn't do too bad traveling, we had a portable DVD player along which kept him entertained. Then on the way home he was so worn out he slept almost the entire way. Zachary had fun playing with Callie and Ava again. He and Ava are 3 months apart in age and they play together nicely.

Rachel lives in an apartment complex within walking distance to a mall. I think it's the biggest mall I have ever been in. I definitely got my exercise shopping there! Brian got to go to a Bass Pro fishing store about 15minutes from their house, which was the highlight of his trip! Although it did take him more than 15minutes to get back. I think he got lost -but men never like to admit that. City driving is definitely something to get used to. We borrowed Anthony's GPS which helped a lot. On Friday Brian and I went into Baltimore and walked around the Inner Harbor. It was dreary, rainy and cold but we still enjoyed it. We left Zachary with Rachel and the kids so that Brian and I could enjoy a nice afternoon and dinner out. I don't think Rachel's afternoon was quite as enjoyable with 3 rambunctious kids to chase around! Thank you Rachel for babysitting.
Inner Harbor
The apartment with the wreath on the door is Rachel & Anthony's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, fun! I recognize the view...We went to Baltimore last summer for the weekend, had a blast! When Zachary gets older, you have to take him to the ESPN Zone, now that was fun!!!