Earlier this summer we had painted the office (because of a particular little boy who had written all over the walls) and had some paint left over, so last week I decided to paint the downstairs bathroom. It's a small space and I had lots of fun trying to reach around the sink, mirror and toilet. The space got even smaller when Zachary decided to help. I have learned that it's better to let him help in some way then to just tell him "no". (It also makes for some good teaching moments) I gave him a paint brush and a tiny bit of water. He had fun painting the sink and the wall! Eventually he lost interest and moved on to something else.

The before pictures.


The after pictures.
I'm still getting used to the feather painting. Somedays I think it looks like a bunch of chickens got into the bathroom and scratched up the walls! :) But it is a big improvement from the plain white that was there.
4 comments:
Larena, it looks beautiful! I'm not sure I'd attempt painting w/o someone to keep the kids out! You are brave!
Oh i really like it! Its very pretty!
It's awesome! How do U feather paint? With a feather of course, but is there a certain techinque to it?
thanks for the compliments!
Amy, it was very easy to do. I did practice on a piece of wood first. Too much paint on the feather duster left things looking blotchy. As I put it on the wall, I turned the duster every so often so there wasn't a repetative pattern going on.
Post a Comment