Parker has been dealing with a sinus infection that he just can't seem to get rid of for the last month or so. Last week I took him in to the Dr and she gave him an antibiotic. The snotty nose cleared up right away and I thought we finally had this thing beat. Wouldn't you know it, he starts with a low grade fever after 5 days on the amoxicillen. Saturday morning I took him back in to see if something else was wrong. The Dr. right away noticed a slight rash on his stomach that I had missed. Back we go to the pharmacy to pick up a different antibiotic. This one cost $35! What a surprise this morning to find Parker looking like this...

Definitely an allergic reaction to the amoxicillen. Today the fever is gone, now we just need to get rid of the spots!
4 comments:
Awwww, poor guy. Other meds will be be more expensive than penicillin, just a warning. I have this with Chloe too:(
Hunter reacted to PCN when he was about 18 mo old, got horrible hives. They didn't seem to bother him, just looked nasty...Shana
Jared had this same reaction to amoxicillen. Poor little guy! And poor Mom because I know all you want to do is make it all right for him!
Post a Comment