Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Stark Co Fair

Brian and I took the boys to the fair today, since it was free if you got in before noon. The boys are small enough yet that after 2hrs they've had enough and are ready to head home. We thought it wouldn't be busy on a Wednesday, but we were wrong. We waited a 1/2 hr just to get into the fair grounds then we had to park way out back. By the time we parked we were closer to the exit then the entrance. After dodging around cars, fast moving golf carts with little old ladies driving and manure piles we finally made it into the fair at 11:50am.
We went thru the animal barns first. Zachary didn't like the cows. The goats were ok, I was surprised he actually touched one. The rabbits and horses were his favorite. Parker wasn't really impressed with any of the animals. He called every animal he saw a dog, which Zachary thought was rather funny. I forgot to take benadryl before we left and started sneezing as soon as we walked into the first building. I don't think I could survive on a farm. Both boys enjoyed watching the harness racing.




In one of the horse barns we noticed this poster with a picture of George (Bus) Limbaugh on it. The poster was hung on one of the horse stalls and had a nice article and several pictures about a miniature horse named Angel that visits nursing homes in the area.


And we all know the best part about the county fair is the food! On the way out we stopped for ice cream. It was so hot that Zachary couldn't get his cone eaten before it melted. Parker stole my strawberry shake! Notice the 2 handed grip on the cup!


It was so hot that after 2hrs we'd had enough of the fair experience and decided to call it quits and go home.

No comments: