Today was my first attempt at baking bread. I have always wanted to try and just never got around to doing it, so today seemed like a good day to try something new. I called my sister and got the recipe. She makes bread all the time. The recipe is Honey Wheat Bread from the Zook cookbook that my Aunt Elizabeth gave to me when I got married. Then I went to Beiler's store because Rachel said I had to use Hi-Gluten bread flour or the bread wouldn't turn out as well. To be honest, I expected it to be a lot harder to make. I guess I've heard too many stories of bread that won't rise.
This is how it looked before it went into the oven.

And this is how it looked after!

The loaves are a little misshaped. My bread pans are different sizes and I should have left the larger loaf in the oven a little longer but it still tastes good!
3 comments:
Looks yummy Larena, good job!!!
looks great Larena!
Good job, maybe I'll have to try to make some. I just buy the frozen bread dough.
Post a Comment