Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This is me at 29wks



Looks like I swallowed a basketball!


So I thought I would post an update on how the pregnancy was going since I was in today for my 29 wk appt. It's such a relief to have made it to 29 wks. Jennette had Marshall at this time and he has had no problems. He did stay in the NICU for 7wks before coming home but that is minor compared to many other complications he could have had. So I have it in my head that if I have any problems after 29 wks that the baby will be okay with very minor complications. 2 wks ago when I was in the Dr's office I had done a lot of blood work, my sugar test and had an ultrasound. The blood work and the sugar test all came back with good results. I have absolutely no signs of preclampsia at this time. The ultrasound showed that the baby is growing nicely. Should be approximately 3 lbs now. This one is going to be bigger than Zachary was. My blood pressure was perfect today -PTL! I am always a little nervous when they check it! If everything progresses as smoothly as it has been, I will have an amnio done at the hospital at 37wks to check the baby's lung development. If the lungs are okay they will go ahead and deliver the baby that same day. If the lungs are not quite developed than we will wait a week to deliver. It is so exciting to think our baby will be here in 2 months! We haven't officially decided on names yet so if anyone reads this blog and would like to help us out - feel free to post your favorite name.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Callie says Erica if it's a girl and Diego for a boy

Anonymous said...

Larena,
I just have to say "You look so cute pregnant!!" I hope things continue to go great! I don't have any suggestions for a name right now, except I still love the girl name we had for Preston, it was Aliyah.

Diane Yutzy

Anonymous said...

First of all, love the new look of your blog! Second, you are all baby, and that's a good thing! We know you're PG, it will eventually go away, and people don't think you're just fat!LOL I think you look great!!!It's a miracle what's growing inside U! I was thinking for a boy, maybe Fisher, whatcha think Brian?!

Living To Breathe said...

Amy-I LOVE the name Fisher lol ;) and Larena- u look great! Also, where/how did u get ur background?

Larena said...

Missy - the background is from thecutestblogontheblock.com I just followed the instructions they gave and it was pretty easy.

Stoltzfus Family said...

love the new background, it looks really nice

Living To Breathe said...

coool..i'll try it out. Thanks Larena!