Thursday, March 12, 2009

Getting ready for Baby Byler!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16

The excitement is building in our house these days as we are getting things ready for the Baby to come home.

My friend Brenda let us borrow her beautiful bassinet which we have put in our bedroom. I washed some of the newborn clothes and have them in the bottom basket of the bassinet.



Brian scrubbed the carpets with the carpet cleaner (thanks to Zachary's many stains) and then put up the pack-n-play in the living room.


The car seat is in the car, clothes and blankets and all the little burp clothes and bibs are washed. The only things left are giving the house a good cleaning and catching up on all of our laundry. Zachary knows that Baby is in Mommy's tummy and the pack-n-play is Baby's bed but I don't think he has any concept of what or who Baby actually is. We might have a few problems there. Zachary gets a lot of attention (a bit spoiled), so he may have some problems adjusting to another family member. All things considered, we are ready for Baby to come home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very exciting!!! I get to see the new one at Easter, right?! Looks like you are in the nesting mode...:)Praying everything will go very smoothly for the delivery!

Larena said...

The prayers are very much appreciated, and yes I plan on taking the baby to Grandma's 90th b-day party.