Monday, October 5, 2009

The pumpkin farm









This past Sunday our Church had a cookout at Kingsway Pumpkin Farm. The weather on Sunday wasn't very nice, so we weren't too sure if we wanted to take the boys out. They both are starting with runny noses and I didn't want them to get sick. In the end we decided to go for a little bit so that Zachary could see the animals and ride the train. As I was getting them ready I explained to Zachary that we were going to see some animals and eat supper.

"Elephants and tigers?" he said.

Now wouldn't that be fun! Seeing tigers at the petting farm! So I explained that it would be cows, goats and rabbits. Then he wanted to know if there would be bears. I was beginning to wonder if he was going to be disappointed when he saw what kinds of animals were actually there. Once we finally got to Kingsway he forgot about the elephants, tigers and bears and got excited about having a train ride. He also liked the corn sandbox and I found corn in his pockets when I did the laundry today. The kids had a lot of fun even though it was cold. I realized that I don't have any pictures of Parker. He was all bundled up and taking a nap in the stroller.

No comments: