Monday, July 12, 2010

Swimming lessons





With a Dad who owns a boat and loves to go fishing, learning how to swim is a must for my boys. I never learned to swim and don't enjoy being in water where my feet can't touch bottom. I'm hoping my boys learn to swim good enough to save me if I ever fall out of the boat =)

Zachary started swimming lessons this summer at the Y. He started in the Perch class and unfortunately I had to go in the pool with him. The first few weeks he was a little nervous and would hang onto me but by the time 5 weeks was up, he was treading water on his own with his floaters on and loving it. This week he is moving up to Pike class where he will go in by himself. If you look closely in the 2nd pic you can see Zachary is chewing his tongue. It's what he does when he's a bit nervous!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So cute! Looks like he's having lots of fun.