Saturday, December 4, 2010

Decorating the Christmas tree





Last Saturday night after baths Brian brought the tree up from the basement. The boys jumped around in excitement and when he plugged the lights in they oohed and awed! We don't have a great big Christmas tree with lots of beautiful ornaments to put on it. Ours is a rather small tree, about 4' or 5' that we set by the fireplace. I have some red beads and a few ornaments (mostly snowmen) that we put on it. It's perfect for the boys! I let them put the ornaments on by themselves. So much fun to watch! They were all in a pile on the front of the tree and most of them were turned backwards. Sunday morning Zachary was rearranging ornaments before we left for church. Monday evening when I got home from work I noticed a ball, a calculator and several DVD's hanging from the tree. Parker can't keep his hands off it. Half of the beads are pulled down and tonight Zachary was covering it with blankets. They think their tree is beautiful and I've decided to let them enjoy it! :)

No comments: